Our Opticians can evaluate your visual requirements and provide you with the most advanced contact lenses suited to your individual needs.
At Spectacle, our Licensed Opticians' priority is to provide you with the greatest visual acuity and comfort all while maintaining your ocular health.
Your eyes are unique and having access to a complete range of available contact lenses aide in allowing us to make the right decision for your needs and habits. If you are a current contact lens wearer or are interested in trying contact lenses for the first time, our Opticians can assist you. Book an appointment or stop by your closest location and allow our Licensed Opticians to provide more information on which contact lenses are right for you.
Caring for Your Lenses
When you first receive your contact lenses, our Opticians will teach you how to care, clean and store your contacts. Different types of contact lenses (daily wear, continuous wear, daily disposable) require different types of care.
Depending on the type of lens you are wearing, there are many different options for cleaning and disinfecting your lenses. Some lenses, such as daily disposable lenses, require little to no lens care - they are simply thrown away after each use. Whatever your needs may be, our Opticians will recommend a cleaning regime appropriate to the contact lenses being used.
Reduce the Risk for Infection
Cleaning and safe handling of contact lenses are some of the most important measures contact lens wearers can take to protect their sight. The following are a few tips you can follow while cleaning and wearing your contact lenses to help avoid any adverse events:
- Always wash and dry your hands before touching contact lenses
- Carefully and regularly clean your contact lenses
- Never use water direct from the tap to rinse your lenses or your lens case
- Use fresh solution each time you place your lenses in a lens storage case. Do not "top off" ("topping off“ is adding a little more solution to the solution that is already in the case)
- Rinse your lens case with solutions recommended by your eye care professional and according to the manufacturers' guidelines
- A new lens case should be used with each new bottle of solution
- Ask your eye care professional for specific advice regarding swimming with lenses
- Use only solutions recommended by your eye care professional
- Replace your contact lenses as recommended by your eye care professional as well as the manufacturer of the lens
If you experience any problems with your contact lenses, consult us right away. Discomfort or irritation can be an early sign of a more serious complication. Contact Us.